Automata is building a world-class company and disrupting the automation industry with Eva, the first low cost high functioning Industrial Automation Robot.
We’re changing perceptions that robotic technology is expensive and complex and redefining what it is to ‘work’ by empowering people to automate physical tasks.
Innovation is essential to improve each generation of our products, but most importantly we must be sure that every product is built at the standard we expect when shipping them out to our customers.
We want you to be part of the journey that takes us from an ambitious startup to a truly world-class manufacturer of high-quality electromechanical products.
Why is this role important for Automata?
We work with subcontract manufacturers around the world to build automation products, the Production Engineering Lead is essential to our success.
You will ensure that suppliers are supported, improvements and new innovations are implemented as quickly and smoothly as possible.
In this role, you will be:
- Drawing modification completed under ECN with full documentation and ERP updates [SW]
- SOP Updates
- Ownership of CAPA/ECN workflow and production implementation
- Reviewing parts for DFM suitability
- Optimisation of parts to reduce errors, cost and increase reliability in assembly
- Support in-production documentation including workflow documentation and test deployment.
- Reviewing process failures to identify root causes and present modifications
- Working with suppliers to make the product cheaper and easier to assemble
- Taking machined prototypes from dev through to final tooled parts
- Collating changes and understanding issues in the implementation of parts and changes
- Engage with Product Testing to transfer final performance measures/tests to production implementations
- Reporting to Team Lead, HoM and PM
What it takes:
You can make sure that the following are delivered each time, every time:-
- Production issues are resolved promptly and manufacturing is not disrupted
- Drawings are updated and changes are completed under ECN
- Supplier releases are compiled and coordinated linking engineering teams
- Configuration records are accurate, maintained and communicated through the group.
- Improvements in cost and consistency in production
- Dev teams progress is not fragmented by daily production issues
- Support migration of Dev work into the production environment
The other stuff that will make you stand out
- You can get stuff done on time.
- Manage complexity and promote simplicity
- You have experience of CNC machined parts, HPDC and IM parts in a variety of different materials
- You have worked with offshore suppliers
- You can balance complex often contrary requirements and give direction to others
- Excellent communication skills
- CAD guru, excellent 2D drawing skills and know how to get stuff made.
What gets us excited?
We’re passionate about the future of Technology and Robotics and our growing success is built upon like minded individuals who share our passion. We are excited about doing automation in a different way so that more people and industries can benefit from it.
If this sounds like a good fit and you have experience with developing quality in an ambitious startup we would love to hear from you.
What is our Hiring Process?
- CV Review
- 20 min Google Hangout Interview with hiring manager & recruiter
- 20 min Bryq Assessment - our AI-assistant that gauges candidates on their personality traits and cognitive abilities, then match the results to role requirements
- 1hr onsite interview manufacturing team
- 30 min remote, meeting with some of the wider teams