Five years ago we set out to forever change robotics with Eva, the first low-cost, high-functioning, 6-axis robot arm. Now, we’re working on the next phase of our plan by accelerating the deployment of Eva into all sorts of verticals, beginning with life-sciences laboratories.
We’re designing and building a range of new hardware and software products, deployed as end-to-end automation solutions - LabPods - which free our customers from the tyranny of manual, repetitive tasks and enable them to focus on the more creative aspects of their roles.
To join us on this exciting new chapter we are seeking high energy individuals with strong technical aptitude and sales instinct to join our team as a SDR in our London office. When you represent us, you’re representing and conveying our mission and you will be eager to advance your skills and take your career to the next level!
Why is this role important for Automata?
As the front line of the Commercial team, this is a challenging role requiring a strong business acumen, and ability to respond quickly to prospect questions and objections. You will play an integral role in driving market share by creating and delivering leads that build pipelines for our Sales Executive team.
In this role, you will be
- Researching prospects and mapping out targeted accounts
- Collaborating with Marketing to research prospects, identify key players, and develop our messages
- Qualifying and identifying prospects needs by leveraging key contacts within an organisation
- Inbound and outbound prospecting and making quality outbound calls daily to an assigned market segment
- Developing leads into prospects by understanding their challenges/needs and effectively communicating the value of our products
- Effectively utilising the lead qualification process as well as documenting sales information in Hubspot following the lead process
- Generating 15 Sales Qualified Leads per month to handover to the sales executives for further follow-up
- Assisting and participating in product demonstrations with Sales Executives where required
- Receiving ongoing product and sales training
- Progressing into a full closing role
What it takes
- Graduate with ideally one year of relevant sales / prospecting experience but will also consider candidates who can demonstrate an ability to go above and beyond the requirements put in front of them.
- Excellent telephone presence and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- A growth mindset
- Articulate and professional
- Proven follow-up skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Team player
- Results orientated, capable of bringing prospects to the next step in the sales process
- Experience in lead qualification, outbound prospecting and lead development management
- Articulate, professional and enthusiastic attitude with a focus on results is required
- Strong communication skills; ability to reach prospects creatively, position solution/products
What gets us excited?
We’re passionate about the future of Technology and Robotics and our growing success is built upon like minded individuals who share our passion.
We are focused on rapid growth in 2021, and the ideal candidate should be eager to advance within Automata by demonstrating an ability to learn quickly, and adapt to a rapidly growing and changing environment.
If this sounds like a good fit, we want to meet you!
More reasons to apply
- Learning & Development 🎓 £1,000 per year to spend as you wish
- Holiday 🏖️ 25 days per year (PLUS we close the office between Christmas and New Year)
- Private Healthcare ❤️ Vitality Health is available to all of our permanent employees
- Flexible working 🤹 Blended approach to office and WFH
- Employee referrals 💰 £1,000 per referral hired from your network
- Share Options Scheme 📈 Every team member gets a pot of stock option after probation
- Keeping you fed 🥙 Our kitchen is always stocked and we order lunch in on Fridays
- Dog-friendly offices 🐶 Lola, Evie and Alfie are the current resident pooches
What is the process?
- CV review
- Phone interview - 30 mins with Talent Team + hiring manager
- Online personality assessment & homework task in prep for 2nd interview approx 2 hrs
- Skills Interview - 1 hour with hiring manager + additional hiring team
- Final Interview - 30 minutes with Talent & wider team
Unfortunately we are not able to offer sponsorship for this role and will only consider those eligible to work in the UK.