Have you ever fancied building an automation ecosystem that makes the world a better place?
Five years ago we set out to forever change robotics with Eva, the first low-cost, high-functioning, 6-axis robot arm. Now, we’re working on the next phase of our plan by accelerating the deployment of Eva into all sorts of verticals, beginning with life-sciences laboratories.
We’re designing and building a range of new hardware and software products, deployed as end-to-end automation solutions - LabPods - which free our customers from the tyranny of manual, repetitive tasks and enable them to focus on the more creative aspects of their roles.
To help us build the future of labs we’re looking for a junior level engineer who will support experienced engineers with the design, analysis and prototyping of mechanical systems and structures.
Why is this role important for Automata?
We are constantly improving the performance and operational lifetime of our robot whilst battling with the challenge of keeping costs low.
You will be required to work closely and collaborate with other Engineers, whilst managing the expectations of other departments such as Product and Controls.
This role is critical for Automata and you will get the opportunity to be Involved in large design projects, for example the testing of a new Robotic drivetrain which will in turn be used in future robotic systems. This is a key role in building an energetic, creative and efficient Mechanical Engineering team.
In this role, you will be able:
- Complete comprehensive technical drawings to industry standards using CAD software.
- 3D CAD modelling and file management.
- Support Engineering and Product teams throughout the project lifecycle.
- Support in the development of new and existing products.
- Prototyping, testing and test data analysis.
- Communicating with external manufacturers and suppliers
What it takes
- Min Bachelors Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or related field (Achieving minimum of 2:1).
- Minimum 1 year industry experience. Experience in Robotics & Automation would be an advantage.
- Good Technical Report writing skills, capable of writing and giving presentations to stakeholders.
- Experience with a 3D CAD program such as Solidworks.
- Ideally, some experience in creating 2D drawings in a commercial environment.
- Clear communication with a good level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Good hands-on Mechanical skills and demonstration of practical ability with hand tools.
- High attention to detail and a passion for clean, organised and tidy work practices.
What gets us excited?
We’re passionate about the future of Lab Automation and Technology and our growing success is built upon like minded individuals who share our passion.
We get excited about working in a fast paced environment where we design and develop new products from scratch.
If this sounds like a good fit and you have experience in creating 2D drawings and using 3D Cad software then please get in touch.
More reasons to apply
- Learning & Development 🎓 £1,000 per year to spend as you wish
- Holiday 🏖️ 25 days per year (PLUS we close the office between Christmas and New Year)
- Private Healthcare ❤️ Vitality Health is available to all of our permanent employees
- Flexible working 🤹 Blended approach to office and WFH
- Employee referrals 💰 £1,000 per referral hired from your network
- Share Options Scheme 📈 Every team member gets a pot of stock option after probation
- Keeping you fed 🥙 Our kitchen is always stocked and we order lunch in on Fridays
- Dog-friendly offices 🐶 Lola, Evie and Alfie are the current resident pooches
What is the process?
- CV review
- Remote interview - 30 mins with hiring team
- Technical Homework challenge & online personality assessment - approx. 2hr
- Onsite workshop Interview - 1 hour with hiring manager + additional hiring team
- Final Interview - 30 minutes remote with wider team