Ever fancied building a robot that makes the world a better place?
Five years ago we set out to forever change robotics with Eva, the first low-cost, high-functioning, 6-axis robot arm. Now, we’re working on the next phase of our plan by accelerating the deployment of Eva into all sorts of verticals, beginning with life-sciences laboratories. We’re designing and building a bunch of new hardware and software products to free our users from the tyranny of manual, repetitive tasks, enabling them to focus on the more creative aspects of their roles.
We’re looking for an Agile Coach to join the team and support us in continuing to deliver value to our users as we continue to grow.
Flexible working available for this role as long as you can be in the office for at least 2days a week and whenever necessary.
Agile Coaching at Automata
Agile Coaching at Automata is a brand new function. This role will be responsible for fostering a culture of collaboration and helping build an organisation that is dedicated to continuous improvement, developing mutual trust, nurturing a feeling of safety and belonging, and encouraging radical candor and regular self-reflection.
This is the first time we’re hiring for this role and you will have a unique opportunity to shape and influence the way we engineer and deliver products at Automata and have a massive positive impact on the culture at Automata.
How do you fit in?
- You’re curious and passionate about automation. No robotics experience is needed.
- You’ve got previous experience working as an Agile Coach with self-organising, high-performing and cross-functional product-engineering teams.
- You’ve always wanted to work on a mix of software and hardware teams to further stretch your skills and test out some of your theories that hardware delivery can be accelerated in similar ways as software.
- We’re agile (with a small a) and so are you. You understand the ins-and-outs of Agile and Lean principles and values and you know how to apply the best bits at the right time. We’re not big on formality or frameworks and use the tools that suit us best and so do you.
- You’ve got a toolbox of tools and Agile practises to help the team learn and grow and can organise and facilitate the right ceremonies and ensure they happen with buy-in from everyone
- You understand the importance of measuring outcomes over outputs and bias for the former
- You’re a servant leader who is driven to mentor and coach others around you
- You love to develop and deliver strategies that promote agility across the organisation
- You support the team in building the best delivery environment it needs to build and iterate on the product most effectively
Why should you apply?
- You’re tired of working for yet another fintech or building yet another e-commerce app selling stuff no-one knew they needed (and probably don’t).
- You want to have fun working with a robot in a fast-paced environment alongside other caring and passionate people.
- You want to have an impact in ways you’ve never had before … we’re a small, young company with lots of opportunities to grow your career.
More reasons to apply
- Learning & Development 🎓 £1,000 per year to spend as you wish
- Holiday 🏖️ 25 days per year (PLUS we close the office between Christmas and New Year)
- Private Healthcare ❤️ Vitality Health is available to all of our permanent employees
- Flexible working 🤹 Blended approach to office and WFH
- Employee referrals 💰 £1,000 per referral hired from your network
- Share Options Scheme 📈 Every team member gets a pot of stock option after probation
- Keeping you fed 🥙 Our kitchen is always stocked and we order lunch in on Fridays
- Dog friendly offices 🐶 Lola, Evie and Alfie are the current resident pooches