Automata was founded on the principle that humanity is at its best when thinking. That means freeing humanity from the tyranny of repetitive, mundane jobs.
Today Automata is building a world-class company to disrupt the life science industry with our new core product that automates life science workflows across diagnostic, drug discovery and synthetic biology labs. Our mission is to empower scientists with accessible lab automation tools that are fast, flexible, and cost-efficient.
To help us on our mission we are looking for a motivated, proactive, hands-on, quick-learning Technical Sales Engineers.
About the role
This role sits within the Customer Success Team and will be an essential bridge between the Pre-Sales Application Engineering Team and our Deployment Application Engineers as you will be taking Pilot Solutions or Proof Of Concepts and making them production ready. This means that as well as completing designs you will be continuously collaborating with our Sales and Manufacturing teams, making sure we have clearly captured all build requirements and that we have supporting documentation to ensure high quality, regulatory compliant, finished products for our customers.
What will you be doing?
- Taking customer requests from concepts and POC’s to fully working Production models (i.e. high level design from Sales/Pre-Sales Application Engineers to Low Level Design
- Working closely with Sales and Manufacturing to capture all relevant information for the development of detailed requirements and specifications. This will include:-
- Developing parts lists and Bill of Materials
- Incorporating any devices specified by customers
- Taking into account any SLA’s and KPI’s specified
- Compliance requirements
- Preparing a Design Pack (CAD’s, Drawings, Build Instructions, Operating Manual, etc.)
- Travelling to customer sites as needed to support other teams with your subject matter expertise, either in a pre-sales or post-sales capacity
- When needed, assisting in sales calls and scoping of customer use cases
What will you bring to the role?
- At least 2 years work experience in industrial automation or similar industrySpecialist Skills in one or more of the following;
- Programming and Workflow development in Python and with PLCs
- Mechanical Engineering, preferably with Robotics and/or Automation
- Electrical Engineering
To be considered for this role you must...
- Be comfortable talking with customers about high level concepts and low level detail
- Have 1-2 years of experience in CAD or other modelling software
- Have good document writing skills
- Be Familiar with basic electronics (sensor wiring, soldering, digital/analog IOs)
- Hands on attitude: workshop familiarity, laboratory experience.
- Be confident in all the steps of MAIT (Manufacturing, Assembly, Integration and Testing)
- Having worked with a robotics systems integrator or worked as an applications engineer with a robotics OEM
- PLC programming and integration
More reasons to apply
- Learning & Development 🎓 £1,000 per year to spend as you wish
- Holiday 🏖️ 25 days per year + the 8 UK bank holidays
- Private Healthcare ❤️ Vitality Health is available to all of our permanent employees
- Flexible working 🤹 Blended approach to office and WFH
- Employee referrals 💰 £1,000 per referral hired from your network
- Share Options Scheme 📈 Every team member gets a pot of stock option after probation
- Keeping you fed 🥙 Our kitchen is always stocked and we order lunch in on Fridays
- Dog-friendly offices 🐶 Lola, Evie and Alfie are the current resident pooches