Automata is building a world-class company to disrupt the life science industry with our new core products that automate life science workflows across diagnostic, drug discovery and synthetic biology labs. Our mission is to empower scientists with accessible lab automation tools that are fast, flexible, and cost-efficient.
We're helping scientists find cures, map genomes, and diagnose illnesses by building the software they need to design, run and automate their experiments.
Automata is looking for an experienced Supply Chain Manager to join the manufacturing team, reporting directly to the Head of Manufacturing and working closely with our finance division.
You will focus on connecting our technical teams to suppliers and delivering our products to customers. You will be responsible for inventory management, purchasing and distribution, reporting and organising team schedules.
Why is this role important for Automata?
With the right person in this role, we will ensure our teams have everything they need to deliver the greatest impact to our customers, on time and on budget.
The organisation will have a deeper understanding of our future demand requirements and be able to purchase appropriately and confidently.
In this role, you will be:
- Ensuring the company has the material it requires from our identified suppliers, and continue developing those relationships
- Maintaining the accuracy of the stock system
- Ensuring material is shipped to deadline and correctly receipted
- Identifying and taking action to prevent stock shortages
- Coordinating with assembly and logistics teams
- Allocating materials to project orders which have been removed from stock
- Owning that all material purchased/held/consumed by the organisation is identifiable and traceable
- Ensuring the costs on our ERP system are accurate
- Upstreaming information clearly and concisely to the Head of Manufacturing
- Working with vendors to identify problems and find supply chain solutions
What it takes
- Significant experience as a Supply Chain Expert/Purchasing Specialist
- Hands-on experience with supply chain management software (such as SAP MM, AP Modules, SAP Plant Maintenance, etc.)
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
What gets us excited?
We’re passionate about the future of Technology and Automation and our growing success is built upon like-minded individuals who share our passion.
We are excited about fulfilling demand, working with new suppliers and implementing new products from design. We are a broad mix of technical specialists that bring a unique point of view to resolving some of the most challenging issues in getting our products to customers.
If this sounds like a good fit and you have experience with Supply Chain/Purchasing you will love having the opportunity to build something that immediately adds value.
What's the process?
- Phone interview - 30 mins with Talent
- Online personality assessment - 30min
- Onsite Interview - 2 hours with hiring manager + additional hiring team
- Final Interview - 30 Minutes Culture Round