Automata is building a world-class company to disrupt the life science industry and empower scientists by making automation a reality for every lab.
We work with labs across the world to understand their specific workflows and needs and develop personalized solutions that range from diagnostic, and drug discovery to synthetic biology. This allows us to simplify common automation tasks, while also supporting more advanced paths for specialized workflows, in a fast, flexible, and cost-efficient way.
We are looking for a Senior Field Automation Engineer (FAE) whose mission is to deliver premium support to clients by actively installing, managing expectations, and mentoring younger FAE.
To empower scientists by making automation a reality for every lab in the US we require FAEs to install and support machinery in the field
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Project management, Installation, maintenance, calibration, repair, testing, and training of users on equipment
- Collaboration with team members to provide innovative solutions and provide technical expertise in the field
- Responsive to the needs of customers and comfortable communicating technical issues to lab managers, and scientists.
- Application development, and testing of instruments
- Provide instrument and work cell validation
- Manage customer relations by soliciting and communicating client feedback to the rest of the organization
What it takes:
- Practical experience and subject matter expertise in one of the following Areas:
- Genomics, NGS, Cell Culture, ELISA, Cell-based Assays, Biobanking, Protein Sciences, Analytical Chemistry
- High level of commitment and initiative
- Ability to complete tasks both solo and with diverse groups inside/outside the organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must
- Perform service activities, including maintenance, repair, calibration and training
- Conduct debugging and root cause analysis
- Manage appropriate levels of inventory where applicable
- Able to follow written and verbal directions, understand technical bulletins and service manuals
- Frequently be able to lift and move up to 50lbs
- Recommend product improvements based on internal and field experiences
The physical demands defined are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: Regularly be required to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear; to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
What it takes:
- BS degree in Engineering or Life Sciences with 5+ years of industry experience
- 2+ years of field service experience
- Nice to haves: Experience with liquid handling automation
- Experience troubleshooting scientific protocols
- Able to work independently
- Previous experience in customer support, technical support, or other
- Extensive knowledge of liquid handling and robotics automation
- Project Management experience
- Experience in a travel/ service type role
What gets us excited?
We’re passionate about the future of Technology and Automation and our growing success is built upon like-minded individuals who share our passion.
Working with customers to create premium solutions by solving their problems in a motivated and goal-oriented team selling environment, if this sounds like a good fit and has ticked the right boxes, you will love having the opportunity to build something that immediately adds value.
What is the Process?
- Screening call with Hiring Manager
- Virtual call with Talent + UK Team Member
- Bryq Personality Assessment
- Onsite interview with our Head of Applications + leadership team