Automata is building a world-class company to disrupt the life science industry and empower scientists by making automation a reality for every lab.
We work with labs across the world to understand their specific workflows and needs, and develop personalised solutions that range from diagnostic, drug discovery to synthetic biology. This allows us to simplify common automation tasks, while also supporting more advanced paths for specialized workflows, in a fast, flexible, and cost-efficient way.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager whose mission is to find, develop, maintain, and expand, accounts as well as actively expand our customer base to meet or exceed growth targets
Why is this role important for Automata?
In order to empower scientists by making automation a reality for every lab, we need to expand our enterprise account team to hit our new business target for 2023. Your role will be pivotal in generating new business across a wide range of disciplines within the biotech, pharmaceutical, and nonprofit organizations.
As a key member of the Automata Sales team, you’ll be responsible for driving new business across your targeted geography, through the following activities:
- Working with internal demand generations to build and execute prospecting plans for your geography
- Present solutions for targeted application areas to relevant stakeholders
- Working with Field Application Scientists to customize projects where necessary, including the customer in the design process
- Developing relationships across target accounts in tandem with a Field Application Scientist
- Travelling to customer sites in order to engage key stakeholders
- Utilising the CRM to maintain strategic account plans and forecast accurately
- Co-ordinating internal teams to produce assets that tell the story of the transformative change we can offer to customers
- Working with Automata Customer Success teams to deliver deployment plans to customers to deliver projects with excellence
What it takes: People that are successful in this role have:
- A few years of experience, but a mindset to grow and develop - you're not the finished article, but you've got some great stories of how you've sold/delivered value in the past, and you want to build on those skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset - you treat your territory as your business and are constantly looking for creative ways to grow that business.
- A drive to understand problems - providing transformative technical solutions is part of our DNA but these solutions will only be adopted by organisations that really value them. You'll be excited to develop skills in understanding organisational pain points
- A drive to understand how to provide value through the sales process - sales cycles can be long, but are a great opportunity to demonstrate value - and you are keen to explore value focussed selling as your career develops
- An expansive approach to account interaction - you’re as happy speaking with Lab Technicians as you are with Lab Directors and actively seek opportunities to grow your influence across organisations.
- A comfort with ambiguity - we’re a high growth business and our world changes rapidly - if you crave stability, then this role might not be for you
- Tech savvy skills - you’re adept at updating CRMs and using the usual tech stack and you’re always on the look-out for new ways of working that make you more efficient, we are an automation company after all.
- A continuous learner - you’re always looking to invest in your own learning and development, you pick up new concepts quickly and are able to simplify complex concepts for both yourself and your customers. You take feedback well and are able to action on it.
- Experience with HTS applications, robotics, liquid handling, genomics, qPCR, NGS, Cell Culture, Genomics, protein sciences, or Immunoassays preferred.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with MEDDPICC or Challenger a plus. Experience with liquid handling automation, robotics, workcells
- Lab experience
What gets us excited?
We’re passionate about the future of Technology and Automation and our growing success is built upon like minded individuals who share our passion.
You are excited about working across a range of complex stakeholders to introduce truly transformative automation projects to large organisations. Think changing the way that Cancer Diagnostics is run across the UK, or bringing new drugs to market at lightning speed. If this sounds like a good fit and have tick the right boxes, you will love having the opportunity to build something that immediately adds value.