Automata is building a world-class company to disrupt the life science industry and empower scientists by making automation a reality for every lab.
We work with labs across the world to understand their specific workflows and needs, and develop personalised solutions that range from diagnostic, drug discovery to synthetic biology. This allows us to simplify common automation tasks, while also supporting more advanced paths for specialised workflows, in a fast, flexible, and cost-efficient way.
We are looking for a Strategic Account Director whose mission is the find, develop, maintain and, expand, accounts as well as actively expand our customer base to meet or exceed growth targets Why is this role important for Automata? - In order to empower scientists by making automation a reality for every lab, we need to expand our enterprise account team to hit our new business target for 2023. Your role will be pivotal in generating new business across a wide range of disciplines within the biotech, pharmaceutical and non-profit organizations.
As a senior member of the Automata Sales team, you’ll be responsible for driving 7 figure transformative deals across your targeted accounts, through the following activities:
- Working with the internal Demand Generation team to build and execute prospecting plans for key accounts
- Developing strategic relationships across target accounts in tandem with a Field Application Scientist
- Travelling to customer sites in order to engage key stakeholders across target organisations
- Utilising the CRM to maintain strategic account plans and forecast accurately
- Co-ordinating internal teams to produce assets that tell the story of the transformative change we can offer to customers
- Presenting to senior stakeholders to drive projects forward and gain executive buy-in
- Working with Automata leadership to add depth and weight to executive engagement
- Working with Automata Customer Success teams to deliver deployment plans to customers to deliver projects with excellence
People that are successful in this role have:
- A level of experience that merits the title - you've sold transformative solutions before, and are looking to develop a career as an enterprise seller
- An entrepreneurial mindset - you treat your territory as your business and are constantly looking for creative ways to grow that business.
- A drive to understand problems - providing transformative technical solutions is part of our DNA but these solutions will only better organizations that really value them. You’ll be adept at finding organizational pain points and building business cases around those.
- A strong understanding of how to provide value through the sales process - sales cycles can be long, but are a great opportunity to demonstrate value - you implicitly understand how to deliver a sales process that provides customers with value through business insights.
- An expansive approach to account interaction - you’re as happy speaking with Lab Technicians as you are with organizationsvely seeking opportunities to grow your in high-grow those organizations.
- A comfort with ambiguity - we’re a high growth business and our world changes rapidly - if you crave stability, then this role might not be for you
- Tech savvy skills - you’re adept at up lookout Ms and using the usual tech stack and you’re always on the look-out for new ways of working that make you more efficient, we are an automation company after all.
- A continuous learner - you’re always looking to invest in ,your own learning and development, you pick up new concepts quickly and are able to simplify complex concepts for both yourself and your customers. You take feedback well and are able to action on it.
- Experience with HTS applications, robotics, liquid handling, genomics, qPCR, NGS, Cell Culture, Genomics, protein sciences, or Immunoassays preferred.
What gets us excited?
We’re passionate about the future of Technology and Automation and our growing success is built upon like minded individuals who share our passion.
You are excited about working across a range of complex stakeholders to introduce truly transformative automation projects to large organisations.
Think changing the way that Cancer Diagnostics is run across the UK, or bringing new drugs to market at lightning speed. If this sounds like a good fit and have ticked the right boxes, you will love having the opportunity to build something that immediately adds value.