Automata is building a world-class company to disrupt the life science industry and empower scientists by making automation a reality for every lab.
We work with labs across the world to understand their specific workflows and needs, and develop personalised solutions that range from diagnostic, drug discovery to synthetic biology. This allows us to simplify common automation tasks, while also supporting more advanced paths for specialised workflows, in a fast, flexible, and cost-efficient way.
We are looking for a Electronic Engineer whose mission is to drive forward excellence in electronic design across our hardware development projects, taking products from concepts through to production.
Why is this role important for Automata?
Electronics form an essential component of all the new hardware products being developed in 2023. We require someone who can focus on electronics and ensure the delivery of high quality PCB/PCBA design and manufacturing which will be fundamental to the reliability of our hardware products.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Developing electronics designs for a broad range of hardware products.
- Full product lifecycle development of electronics components from concept to production.
- Collaborating with mechanical/electrical engineers on PCB design, placement, and cabling.
- Capturing electronics requirements from software and controls engineers.
- Coordinating design and manufacturing with external contractors.
- Improving internal processes for electronics design including change management, testing, and productionisation.
- Building up & maintain in-house electronics resources i.e. electronics bench, tools, inventory.
What it takes:
- Degree in electronics design or similar.
- Highly competent with Altium Designer including version control.
- Experience taking designs from concept to production.
Supply chain knowledge of electronics and the risks of part selection during design.
- Working in cross functional teams.
Nice to haves:
- EMC / EMI knowledge.
- Rapid prototyping.
- Design for functional safety.
- Low volume manufacturing and testing.
- Experience design electronics for motor control or communications.
- Agile hardware development.
What gets us excited?
We’re passionate about the future of Technology and Automation and our growing success is built upon like minded individuals who share our passion.
We love to see our products come to life from a concept all the way into production and then being used by customers who find value from them in the real world.
If this sounds like a good fit and have tick the right boxes, you will love having the opportunity to build something that immediately adds value.