Sr. Manager FP&A
We usually respond within a week
Automata is building a world-class company to disrupt the life science industry and empower scientists by making automation a reality for every lab.
We work with labs across the world to understand their specific workflows and needs, and develop personalised solutions that range from diagnostic, drug discovery to synthetic biology. This allows us to simplify common automation tasks, while also supporting more advanced paths for specialised workflows, in a fast, flexible, and cost-efficient way.
We are looking for a Sr. Manager FP&A, Commercial Finance whose mission is to lead financial planning, analysis and reporting and provide commercial business partnering.
In this role you will be responsible for:
Working with the CFO, you will help establish and then own the management and improvement of a robust FP&A function.
You probably love making it simple and are passionate about establishing and developing collaborative processes and engaging across all business areas.
Budgeting & Planning
- Financial modelling and running a full budget/forecasting process including all business stakeholders.
- Forecasting customer level P&L, company level P&L, cashflow and Balance Sheet
- Long range forecasting and fundraising support
- Clear analysis and reporting on business financial performance
- Finance informed decision support, scenario analysis, investment cases
- Commercial pricing / billing model
Management of Accounts
- Timely and insightful monthly Management Accounts for execs and board and wider business
- Finance business partnering, working hand-in-hand with non-financial teams, especially People and Operations
What it takes:
- Degree in Finance/Accounting/Economics or exceptional hand-on finance experience.
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
- Experience of financial management in a digital/physical goods/manufacturing cross-over environment.
- Experience of financial demands within the early stage or scale up pre-IPO environment.
- Experience of working in an international environment.
- Experience in Reporting, Forecasting and Consolidation processes.
- Track record of success and progression within the finance function, especially in the areas of financial planning and forecasting, business partnering, financial control, cost management and process implementation/improvement.
Nice to have:
- Experience in UK/US finance environments
- US GAAP experience
- Experience in the life sciences or laboratory industry
What gets us excited?
We’re passionate about the future of Technology and Automation and our growing success is built upon like-minded individuals who share our passion.
If this sounds like a good fit and has ticked the right boxes, you will love having the opportunity to build something that immediately adds value.
Wellness & L&D budget 🎓
£500 per year to spend on anything you like!
30 days + 8 bank holidays
Additional leave days 🧘
4 volunteer days per year, 1 mental health day per quarter and your birthday off!
Private Healthcare ❤️
We have Vitality Health, which includes eye and dental care
Spill - mental health support 🧠
All-in-one mental health tool with access to CBT and sessions with therapists at no cost to the employee
Enhanced parental leave + pay 👪
A generous and supportive approach to mat and pat leave
Leadership Coaching 💫Access to our Leadership coach for all of our managers
Flexible working 🤹Blended approach to office and WFH
Keeping you fed 🥙
Team lunch once a week plus a well-stocked pantry
Dog friendly offices 🐶
Lola, Kevin and Sally are the current resident pooches
Born from a world-leading research lab, Automata is transforming the way labs work with open, integrated automation.
Our mission is to unlock the potential of labs and the potential of the people who work in them.
Sr. Manager FP&A
Loading application form
Already working at Automata?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.